***THIS JOB VACANCY HAS NOW CLOSED***
Job reference R13867-18
Application closing date 01/10/2018
Location West Midlands
Salary £20,330 per annum
Package Permanent. 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays, Employee Assistance Helpline, Life Assurance
Voluntary Benefits Childcare Vouchers, Group Pension Plan
Job category/type Finance
About The National Memorial Arboretum
The Arboretum is the UK’s year-round centre of Remembrance and part of The Royal British Legion. Home to over 350 memorials, including the nationally-important Armed Forces Memorial, it remembers the service and sacrifice of those who have served and continue to serve our country. The 150-acre site features around 30,000 maturing trees and an abundance of wildlife. Each year the Arboretum welcomes around 300,000 visitors, many of whom attend one of the 200+ events which take place across the site.
In March 2017, the National Memorial Arboretum formally opened its new award-winning Remembrance Centre and is due to open the new Aspects Event Building in autumn 2018.
Our Values and Behaviours
Does the following describe you?
– A desire to provide great customer service
– Enjoy and thrive in working in teams and with others
– Passionate about supporting the ongoing development of the Arboretum
– Come to work each day to be the best you can and to learn and develop
– An encourager, eager to share your knowledge and experience to help others
If so then we would like you hear from you…
Against this exciting backdrop, the Arboretum is looking for a Finance officer- payables, who will be responsible for the efficient and effective administration of systems and processes relating to expenditure for the Charity and its trading subsidiary NMA Enterprises Limited. The position reports to the Accountant and the key responsibilities include:
- Processing and payment of purchase invoices.
- Reviewing the aged creditors report and following up any outstanding items.
- Preparation of intercompany recharges.
- Assist the NMA head of Finance with monthly VAT returns and the allocation of irrecoverable VAT.
- Assist with the identification of prepayments and accruals.
- Assist with month end cut offs between the finance system and retail stock control system.
The job is 35 hrs/week; working hours are generally 9.30am-5.30pm Monday to Friday. However as the NMA is open 7 days a week there may be occasional weekend and bank holiday working.
Job description: Click here
For more information, including how to apply: Click here
Closing date for this role is: 1st October 2018