***THIS JOB VACANCY HAS NOW CLOSED***
Date Post Available: 01 January 2018
Salary: £40,000 per annum
Length of Contract: Permanent
Leave: 30 days per annum plus 9 public holidays
Employment Type: Full Time 0800 hrs – 1630 hrs Mon to Thu, Fri 0800 hrs to 1600 hrs.
Standard Hours: 37.5 hours weekly.
Relocation Expenses: The post does not offer any relocation expenses
Parking: There is adequate free parking available to RHQ RE employees
Summary of Role:
The Controller is the principal staff officer of the REA, responsible to the Chairman for the day to day running of the Association. Importantly he leads a small staff and manages the large network of REA branches across the country. This is a role with little back up and consequently carries great responsibility.
The Royal Engineers Association (REA) is the Regimental Association of the Corps of Royal Engineers. The original REA was founded in October 1912 under the name of The Royal Engineers Old Comrades Association. The Aims of the Association may be interpreted to be:
- To promote and support the Corps among members of the Association in the following ways:
- By fostering esprit de corps and a spirit of comradeship and service.
- By maintaining an awareness of Corps traditions.
- By acting as a link between serving and retired members of the Corps.
- To provide financial and other assistance to serving and former members of the Corps, their spouses, widows, widowers and dependants who are in need through poverty.
- To make grants, within Association Guidelines, to the Army Benevolent Fund and to other charities that further the objectives of the Association.
The motto of the Association is “Service – Not Self”
Further information about the Association, visit the REA website www.reahq.org.uk
To apply for the post please submit a CV. Candidates must outline clearly how their qualifications and experience meet both the essential and desirable requirements. All information given will be treated with the strictest confidence.
CVs should be sent to: The Controller, HQ REA, Ravelin Building, Brompton Bks, Chatham, Kent ME4 4UG
Alternatively, CVs may be submitted by email. Please use the following email address:
Closing date for applications – 8th September 2017