***THIS JOB VACANCY HAS NOW CLOSED***
REPORTING TO: Head of Communications, Heads Together
JOB TITLE: Communications Officer, Heads Together
TERMS: 37.5 hours per week, 2 month fixed contract for services
LOCATION: London, Kensington (Flexible)
CONTRACT: Start mid-March to mid-May 2017
Heads Together is a new high profile campaign run by the Royal Foundation and led by the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Prince Harry that aims to tackle stigma on mental health, and provide people with the practical information and tools they need for themselves and others. There has been huge progress made to tackle stigma surrounding mental health in recent decades, but it still remains a key issue driven by negative associations, experience and language. This campaign will build on the great work that is already taking place across the country, to ensure that people feel comfortable with their everyday mental wellbeing, feel able to support their friends and families through difficult times, and that stigma no longer prevents people getting help they need.
The current focus of the campaign, which formally launched in May 2016, is set to run for a year and be boosted by the official charity partnership with the Virgin Money 2017 London Marathon, which will help raise much needed funds for the Charity Partners involved and specific Heads Together projects. The Foundation has ambitious targets for this campaign; to initiate millions of conversations about mental health raise millions of pounds towards mental health charities.
We are recruiting for marketing support to deliver important services within our campaign team. This contract role will include leading on three crucial areas: driving a plan to capitalise on pro bono advertising space around the London Marathon period; the stewardship of the Heads Together brand and approval process for partner and supporter materials; and a programme of work to gain support for specific campaign activities among high-profile influencers. The contract will also involve supporting efforts to encourage the organisations that own and run prominent London locations to demonstrate their support for the campaign through branded displays.
This is an exciting opportunity to further hone already well-developed skills and apply experience of high profile marketing and communications campaigns to help change the way the country thinks and talks about mental health. This is an ambitious campaign and powerful advertising and partner and influencer engagement across a range of channels are essential to its success.
To deliver advertising, partner promotion and influencer engagement to help Heads Together reach its objectives, which include starting millions of conversations on mental health around this year’s London Marathon.
- Work closely with the pro bono advertising and design agencies and online and print media supporting the campaign to deliver Heads Together advertising in digital, print and out-of-home formats. This will include securing approvals of advert content from all relevant internal and external stakeholders and managing the process through to delivery.
- Execute a strategy to identify and engage high profile influencers in campaign actions, including:
- Sharing Heads Together films
- Posting photos wearing the Heads Together headband
- Filming or posting pictures and/or text about their own conversation on mental health
- Taking part in media activity for the campaign
- Building a long-term relationship with the campaign and potentially a specific Charity Partner
- Steward the use of the Heads Together brand by ensuring that Supporter and Partner materials adhere to the brand guidelines and principles, as well as signing off materials produced internally.
- Support the efforts of the Campaigns Officer to encourage major buildings and landmarks in London to don Heads Together headbands or illuminate in Heads Together colours in the days leading up to the London Marathon.
- Manage volunteers as required.
- Support engagements and media events as required
Relationships (Internal & external)
- Managing relationships with pro bono advertising agencies
- Build and manage relationships with high profile influencers
- Maintain positive relationships with staff and volunteers of Heads Together partners and supporters developing branded materials
- Working closely within the Communications team to ensure that all activities support and feed into the wider communications messages and objectives.
- Liaise and work with internal teams as needed and support the Communications team at events.
The Royal Foundation is a high profile organisation and the successful candidate will appreciate the importance of discretion and confidentiality and have a mature and professional approach.
Required Experience & Skill
- Minimum 5 years of experience of developing excellent relationships with a range of external stakeholders/customers/supporters for a campaign objective
- Experience in developing and executing influencer engagement campaign strategies to achieve campaign objectives
- A proven record of delivering advertising campaigns incorporating online, social media, print and out-of-home assets
- Solid experience of managing the use of branded materials within agreed guidelines
- A professional approach and strong interpersonal skills
- A proven ability to deliver work under pressure to tight deadlines
- A self-starter able to plan and manage their work independently
- Commitment to the ambition of the campaign
- Ability to work with vulnerable groups and be sensitive to their needs
- Educated to degree level, 2:1 or above, with at least 10 years of experience working on high profile campaigns
Desired Experience & Skills
- Competent use of design software
- Experience working on a coalition campaign
- Email marketing
- Understanding of mental health
- Experience of proactive media relations
Available to work beyond standard hours and to travel in UK as needed.
This document is not contractual and may be subject to change following consultation with the post-holder.