BMC Recruitment is delighted to be retained by Scotty’s Little Soldiers, the charity for bereaved British Forces children, to assist them in finding a Grants, Trusts, and Foundations Manager to join the team on a permanent basis.
Scotty’s Little Soldiers are a UK national Charity which provides support for bereaved military children and young people aged 0-25. They currently support over 600 children and young people and have a long-term goal of supporting over 1,000 by 2030. They deliver 4 family programmes; SMILES, SUPPORT, STRIDES and SPRINGBOARD, which provides a range of emotional and education support for bereaved military families.
The role will have accountability for developing the charities pipeline of grants income in line with agreed annual targets by researching and applying for new funding opportunities and managing awarded grants, including reporting requirements and relationships with providers.
Duties & Responsibilities
You will be responsible for best determining how to achieve the below, but key responsibilities will include:
- Managing the programme of grant applications throughout the year
- Working with the wider team to identify the best funding opportunities for activities.
- Managing all stages of the grants process from application to final reports
- Creating accurate project budgets that will maximise the grant funding available.
- Managing the right balance between restricted and unrestricted funding, and between service delivery activities and the charities running costs
- Complaining end of project reports for grant funders
- Developing and maintaining relationships with both existing and new funders
- Creating a pipeline of opportunities and providing regular forecasting
- Ensuring all grant funding is correctly inputted and updates on the charities CRM (Salesforce)
- Experience and good working knowledge of grants management including preparing applications and demonstrating fundraising success.
- You will have experience of the financial and governance aspects of receiving grant funding.
- A proven track record of, and experience in developing new grant pipelines.
- Pro-active, positive thinking, self-starter who is great at making friends and building relationships.
- An excellent communicator with a high standard of written, presentation and negotiating skills.
- Excellent ability to network and build long lasting relationships.
- Coaching and/or mentorship experience
- Although not essential it would be nice if you were experienced in working within organisations supporting young people and had a connection to the military community. However, if you haven’t, please don’t let this put you off applying!
Scotty’s are a flexible working employer. Ideally you will work hybrid however this role will require targeted travel across the country in order to meet supporters in person. The role will require a minimum of 6 days to be spent in East Anglia for team building days, strategy sessions etc.
The Scotty’s Way & our non-negotiables:
At Scotty’s, personal performance is only 50% of what success looks like. Their culture is as important as anything else. If you agree to join the team, you are signing up to The Scotty’s Way.
At the heart of The Scotty’s Way are our four core values as created by the whole team.
Our values are:
- Families Come First.
- Everyone a Supporter, Every Supporter a VIP.
- Love What You Do.
- Remember, Every Day.
To apply, send CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org
Salary is up to £35,000 and the role can either be fully remote or hybrid in Norfolk