***THIS JOB VACANCY HAS NOW CLOSED***
This is an exciting time to join Seafarers UK as we work towards the delivery of our new strategy that will take us the next stage of our development. We are building our capabilities within the Development Team to scale our reach and fundraising as we maximise and create fundraising and income generation opportunities. We are looking for an exceptional, experienced fundraiser who can work collegially with the entire crew to build on our strong foundations. The role is new and come with the opportunity to hit the ground running and make your mark.
We have some ambitious plans in the short, medium and long terms that we really want you to contribute to. We are on the brink of some exciting developments and can’t wait for you to join.
If a new role within a fresh yet heritage-rich charity with ambitious plans sounds like your thing then we would love to hear from you. You will be joining a small and expanding Development Team working with a recently appointed Development Director. We are a passionate and enthusiastic organisation who understand the challenges of operating within a niche sector for an often-overlooked beneficiary group.
You will have an important part to play in helping us to achieve our ambition of seeing UK and Commonwealth seafarers as free from need as is possible. If you join us you will have the opportunity to make a real impact and be part of our success story.
We are looking for someone who can lead on the strategic development and management of all individual giving income streams. Drive supporter engagement through a range of integrated campaigns with a digital lead approach and have the ability to identify, test and develop new and innovative income streams with a focus on donor acquisition.
You will also lead on the growth of tribute, in-memoriam, and legacy giving.
Strategy, planning and evaluation:
- Devise and implement strategies for meeting targets by working with the Development Director, Head of MarComms, and Digital FR Manager
- Drive and implement meaningful segmentation exercise across all Individual supporters
- Develop and implement a stewardship programme encompassing all individual giving journeys
- Lead on planning and implementation for supporter acquisition and engagement, ensuring audience insight and effective targeting are at the heart of the programme utilising on/off-line channels
- Using a data driven approach to create fundraising insights for new and existing approaches
- Monitor and evaluate approaches through key KPIs to improve future results in order to grow income in the long term
- Work collaboratively to effectively project manage stakeholders and supporters
- Promote cross-team working to deliver a co-ordinated approach to fundraising working closely with the Head of MarComms to produce effective messaging and materials for use across the department
- Take responsibility for ensuring that all supporter communications are consistent with Seafarers UK/s brand and tone of voice, working closely with the MarComms team
- In conjunction with Development Director produce annual income and expenditure budgets for supporter acquisition and engagement.
- To assist with rolling three-year budgets working closely across the organistaion
- Grow and maximised the overall income from Individual Giving supporters
- Line manage and develop the Individual Giving & Legacy Team
Fundraising and Engagement:
- Implement acquisition and engagement activities, including and agreeing campaign strategies to meet objectives with the annual Fundraising plan and budgets
- Identify, recommend and implement corrective action if the plan is not meeting targets
- Manager external partners, in conjunction with the MarComms Team, take responsibility for briefing on projects, monitoring progress and resolving issues swiftly
- Support the marketing of fundraising and engagement events
- Working with the Digital FR Manager, devised ways to encourage supporters to engage and donate online, integrating offline media where relevant
- Working across the Development Team, actively manage the process to set up campaigns correctly with specific regard to coding and fulfilment so that results reporting can be conducted effectively and accurately, ensuring that colleagues are able to plan their work effectively,
- Working with the MarComms team, departmental colleagues and the Impact Team to develop compelling case studies to maximise support.
- Keep abreast of fundraising, engagement and campaign developments, trends and patterns in the fundraising sector, especially through peer networks and online conferences, seminars etc
- Attend and support Seafarers UK events (3rd-party public, and our own fundraising, events), as required – including occasionally over weekends.
- The closing date for applications for this post is Midday Monday 1st March
- Please send your CV and a covering letter (A4, 1 side) outlining why you feel you fulfil the requirements of the job.
- Those called for interview will be expected to provide their current valid passport with them in order that the right of an individual to reside and work in the UK can be verified prior to any offer of employment being made.