***THIS JOB VACANCY HAS NOW CLOSED***
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
Status: Full or Part Time (flexible working arrangements available)
This is a great opportunity to come and be part of our team. We are a small military charity with a big impact, looking after people currently serving, those who have served and their families. We provide support when it is needed and where it is needed, ensuring our members benefit from a life time of care.
We are looking for a PA who will be an essential part of life at our organisation. You will have experience of working with Senior Executives, an understanding of the daily pressures of the CEO’s role and a proven track record of providing essential support. Please get in touch if you are looking for a new opportunity that is somewhat unique.
- To assist and work closely with the Chief Executive Officer to ensure the efficient running of the office and to provide administrative support where necessary to the Chief Executive Officer.
- Provide administrative support to the CEO in managing his diary, the organisation of meetings and the maintenance of confidential documents and files.
- Provide support to the CEO in the prioritisation of his workload and responding appropriately and filtering requests on his behalf.
- Provide administrative and secretarial support to the Chair of Trustees, Trustees and Company Secretary, including the organisations of meetings, preparation of agendas, minutes and papers.
- Responsible for the administration of Board of Trustees and Board Committee meeting
- Devising and maintaining office systems including data management, filing and producing documents and briefing papers.
- To maintain the Charity’s electronic diary and provide updates for weekly meetings, ensuring that diary reminders are issued for significant events.
- To respond administratively to all routine requests and enquiries from the Charity’s Members and visitors to the Association.
- To record accurately and maintain the holiday diary for all members of staff.
- To monitor stocks of office stationery and equipment and resupply where necessary.
- To attend the Trustee Meetings and AGM to ensure that accurate Minutes are taken of these meetings and to assist the CEO where necessary in preparation for these meetings.
- To provide all potential members to the Charity with the appropriate application forms. Explaining the requirements of the Charity’s Membership and their eligibility.
- Liaising with the Charity’s Membership Sub-Committee regarding scheduled meetings, taking the minutes at the said meetings and distributing these to the Membership Sub-Committee.
- Following the outcome of the Membership Sub-Committee processing the applications to include inputting the new member’s details onto the database and sending a welcome letter to include the membership card.
- Maintaining an accurate record of the membership to include the number of Full, Associate, Affiliate and Honorary members and their assigned membership number and date of membership.
- To ensure that regular newsletters are sent out to the Charity’s members database.
Download the full recruitment pack here.
How to apply
We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your interest in the Charity.
We know that applying for a job is a two-way process. You will want to find out about the charity as an organisation just as much as we want to find out about the skills, knowledge and abilities that you could bring to the post.
For further information about the opportunity please contact Jenny Hanning, email@example.com.
In the first instance, please submit your CV and a covering letter of no more than 2 sides of A4 to: Jenny Hanning, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing Date: 2nd April 2019
Interview date: Week Commencing 8th April 2019