Monday 28 February 2022
3:30 – 5:30pm
Did you know that only 24% of service children participate in higher education, compared to 43% of the general population?
Service children are defined by the SCiP Alliance as ‘a person whose parent or carer serves in the Regular Armed Forces, or as a Reservist, or has done at any point during the first 25 years of that person’s life’.
Service children can experience disrupted schooling, less access to extra-curricular activities and challenges with the curriculum when transitioning between schools or colleges. The Thriving Lives Toolkit is a free evidence-based framework of seven principles to assess, develop and implement a support structure to best allow service children to thrive.
Who this event is for
Anyone who works with young people in Essex, Suffolk, Norfolk, Cambridgeshire or Peterborough, such as:
- School and college pastoral staff
- School and college leaders
- Local authority staff
What you’ll learn
- What is it like to be a service child?
- Why do service children need additional support?
- What is the Thriving Lives toolkit?
- How can we better support service children through the Service Pupil Premium and the Thriving Lives Toolkit?
- How can Make Happen/neaco continue to support you and your students?