6 month fixed term contract, based in Leatherhead, Surrey
25 hours per week
Salary: circa £16,500 per annum
Main Purpose of the Job:
To establish the new textile workshop in BBMC Leatherhead. Creating and delivering a training programme to upskill the team. Working with the senior management team to develop and manufacture products to sell commercially. The products having an emphasis on upcycling fabric/materials or recyclability.
Overview of the Role & Team:
This is a new and exciting role within Leatherhead BBMC. We have received a grant to develop a new business stream to provide; ongoing employment, new employment opportunities, help tackle waste and environmental concerns.
The grant has enabled us to purchase number of sewing machines and a textile printer.
BBMC Leatherhead employs 30 people, 25 of them are adults with range of learning and physical disabilities. We anticipate that many of the team, will be involved in some way with this new business.
BBMC Leatherhead is a thriving print and design studio, providing printed materials from business cards to banners to books to customers across the UK. It has already successfully expanded into engraving items for private and commercial buyers and sees this new venture as an organic expansion to its business.
Your Key Responsibilities:
• Creating a training and development programme to upskill the team
• Ensuring that all members of the team are trained to use the equipment to good degree of proficiency • Conduct risk assessments
• Working with the Manager and BBMC Health & Safety Manager to ensure all working practices can be carried out safely.
• Working with the Manager, to develop working practices and processes
• Developing products for both consumer and commercial markets
• Creative and innovative
• Enjoys working along a diverse range of people
• Empathetic to needs to reduce waste and damage to the environment
• Excellent attention to detail
• Calm and accurate when working with conflicting priorities
• Excellent written, verbal communication and presentation skills
• A natural problem solver with a constructive outlook
• Strong work ethic
• A self-motivated individual with good team ethics
• Flexible attitude to all working practices
This role based in the Leatherhead Print & Mail Centre / Design Studio
Skills & Experience Required:
• Able to demonstrate a sound knowledge of textile/apparel manufacturing
• Teaching or working with Adults with learning or physical difficulties
• Pattern cutting
• Project management experience
• Previous experience of working to tight deadlines
• Product development
• Market Research
• IT literate (particularly in Microsoft Office suite)
• Experience of selling products online
• Customer experience
• Understanding of recyclability of fabric and clothing • Clean Driving Licence
RBLI offer 25 days holiday allowance per annum, a Group Flexible Retirement Plan and Life Assurance. To Apply:
If you wish to be considered for the above role, forward your CV and covering letter including a supporting statement to firstname.lastname@example.org. RBLI is an equal opportunities employer.
* RBLI reserves the right to remove a vacancy at any time prior to the published closing date
Closing Date: 4 January 2020