***THIS JOB VACANCY HAS NOW CLOSED***
***THIS JOB VACANCY HAS NOW CLOSED***
Full Time: 37.5 hours per week
Location: Richmond Based
Contract: One year fixed term contract with possibility of extension subject to review
The iconic Poppy factory in Richmond employs disabled veterans and dependants to produce poppies and wreaths for the Royal Family and for The Royal British Legion’s annual Poppy Appeal and we organise and host the nation’s annual Field of Remembrance at Westminster Abbey. The Poppy Factory is also the country’s leading employment charity for veterans with health conditions or impairments. We work with businesses across the country to provide bespoke opportunities and employment support for hundreds of disabled veterans of all ages and from all Services, helping them to restore financial independence through sustainable and rewarding work. This vital work is funded in part from income from The Poppy Factory estate in Richmond which comprises 67 residential flats and three office premises.
We are recruiting for this newly created role of Estate and Shift Manager to support the management of the production and estate activities as the company responds to the immediate impact of Coronavirus. While we expect the balance of activities is likely to shift over the coming months, as the factory responds and adapts longer term to the impact of the pandemic, key duties of the post will involve:
· In conjunction with the Production Manager to assist with the management of a workforce of disabled veterans and dependants to meet the Remembrance product needs of the Royal British Legion and the Royal Family. This will involve direct supervision of one of two shifts operating between 7.00 am to 6.30 pm.
· To assist the Director in the development and management the Estate, helping to maximise income from open market and office tenancies whilst actively managing charitable tenancies.
· To provide support to the Director and production staff with the planning and delivery of the annual Field of Remembrance, liaising with stakeholders as required.
· To assist in the ongoing review all aspects of production and the Estate, developing structures and processes to meet the current/medium term challenges presented by the Coronavirus Pandemic and longer term as the organisation develops and changes over time.
Full details of experience, knowledge and skills needed are outlined in the person specification. Candidates must be able to demonstrate high calibre management and team working skills; flexible, resourceful and resilient with a can do approach; you must have understanding and empathy with the needs of a diverse staff team and the wounded, injured and sick veteran community, whom we serve.
The post is offered on a one year fixed term contract with possibility of extension subject to review.
The Poppy Factory aims to be an exemplar employer. We provide competitive terms and conditions of employment including:
· Competitive salary
· Generous Company Pension scheme
· Company-paid life assurance
· Funding available for training and development as appropriate
· Reservists’ leave
How to apply
For the full job description and more information about the role, click here to download the candidate pack.
To apply for this position please prepare your CV and a covering letter clearly outlining how you meet the essential criteria in the person specification. You may address your covering letter to Jeff Short, Director of Production and the Estate.
The deadline for completed applications is midnight on Sunday, 14 June 2020. Please note that we cannot accept late or incomplete applications.
First stage interviews (virtual) are expected to take place on 16 and17 June 2020.
For an informal conversation about the role, please contact Jeff Short on 020 8939 1820. Click here to apply for the role of Estates and Shift Manager
No agencies please
Equality, Diversity and Inclusion
The Poppy Factory is committed to equality, valuing diversity and promoting inclusion. Our commitment is to take positive measures to recruit people from underrepresented groups, and we actively encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds. As a Disability Confident employer, we offer a guaranteed interview for any job applicant with a disability who meets the essential criteria for the role. Please indicate in your application whether you wish to be considered under this scheme. We are also happy to discuss reasonable adjustments to the application or interview process to accommodate disabled candidates.
We are a family friendly employer and happy to discuss flexible working.