If you’ve got the experience, heart and intellect to lead a rapidly expanding charity, you could be our new Chairperson.
Established by two mothers whose sons were both injured whilst serving in Afghanistan, The Ripple Pond is the only UK charity to exist solely to support the adult family members of physically or psychologically injured Armed Forces personnel and veterans.
We are a rapidly expanding charity with a 20% annual growth rate of service users, who we refer to as our Members.
Our services act as a vital lifeline for our network of 853 Members (January 2022) across the whole of the UK and overseas.
The charity is based in Aldershot, Hampshire. Board meetings are held at least four times a year, either virtually, or in person in Aldershot or London.
This role is voluntary, but all reasonable expenses will be reimbursed.
WHAT WILL YOU BE DOING?
The duties of the Chair of the Board of Trustees include the following:
· Providing leadership to the organisation and the Board, by ensuring that the Board operates within its charitable objectives and provides a clear strategic direction for the Charity
· Ensuring that the Board regularly review major risks and associated opportunities, and satisfy itself that systems are in place to take advantage of opportunities and manage and mitigate the risks
· Ensuring that the Board fulfils its duties to ensure the sound financial health of the Charity, with systems in place to ensure financial accountability
· Chairing meetings of the Board of Trustees effectively and efficiently, bringing impartiality and objectivity to the decision-making process
· Ensuring regular contact with the Director to maintain an overview of the Charity’s affairs and building a strong and effective working relationship with them. Ensuring they are held to account for achieving agreed strategic objectives.
· Representing the organisation at functions and meetings and acting as a spokesperson as appropriate.
WHAT DIFFERENCE WILL YOU MAKE?
In this voluntary position you will play a leading role in strategically ushering the charity in to a new era, ensuring that this unique source of support is there for our beneficiaries when they need it most, now and for many years to come.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
You will have the opportunity to mould the next phase of The Ripple Pond’s future and help the charity to reach more beneficiaries and provide better support to those whom are quite often overlooked in the Armed Forces community. This is a period in the charity’s history where you can make a significant and lasting impact.
BEFORE YOU APPLY
The tenure for this role is an initial period of three years. The Board would like to appoint someone as soon as possible and interviews will be arranged as suitable applicants apply.
Once an expression of interest has been made regarding this position, we will arrange to meet with you to discuss the role further, your experience and availability.
To apply please send your CV and a covering letter of no more than one side of A4 to: email@example.com
Prior to application, the Charity Director is available for informal discussion about the role and the charity.
He may be contacted directly:
Thank you for your interest in this exciting role, and we look forward to hearing from you.