Join our wonderful peer support charity and use your skills and experience to build on a foundation of excellence, ensure sustainability and grow the charity as part of our small and passionate Board.
The Ripple Pond was set up by two mothers whose sons were both injured whilst serving in Afghanistan. They recognised the need for support for the loved ones of those physically or emotionally injured whilst serving in the British Armed Forces. The Ripple Pond provides peer support to The Armed Forces community, this includes anyone over the age of 18 who is supporting a serving person or veteran and needs support for themselves. This small but unique charity is vital to our 700+ members and covers the whole of the UK.
The charity is based in Aldershot, Hampshire and Board meetings are either held in Aldershot, or London, four times a year (once per quarter). Currently meetings are being held virtually, due to Covid-19. This role is voluntary, but all reasonable expenses will be reimbursed.
What will you be doing?
The Treasurer’s duties include the following:
- Chair the Finance Sub-Committee, which meets four times per year, prior to the Board meeting.
- Ensure that The Ripple Pond operates within the financial guidelines, set out in current legislation by the Charity Commission, in the Charity’s constitution and by the Board.
- Ensure that The Ripple Pond has adequate financial and internal audit controls, and these are monitored regularly.
- Identify and bring to the attention of the Board any financial risks facing the Charity.
- Ensure that the Charity’s financial resources are sufficient to meet the current and future needs of The Ripple Pond and to advise the Board on the Board’s reserves policy, which is to be reviewed and monitored regularly
- In conjunction with the Director, arrange the compilation and agreement of both the Trustees’ annual review and the annual report of accounts by the independent examiner.
For further details and the person specification, please see the attached Role Description.
What difference will you make?
In this voluntary position you will play an important role in strategically ushering the charity in to a new era, ensuring that this unique source of support is there for our beneficiaries when they need it most, now and for many years to come.
What’s in it for you?
You will have the opportunity to mould the next phase of The Ripple Pond’s future and help the charity to reach more beneficiaries and provide better support to those who are quite often overlooked in the Armed Forces community. This is a period in the charity’s history where you can make a significant and lasting impact.
Before you apply
The tenure for this trustee role would be for an initial period of three years. The Board would like to appoint someone as soon as possible and interviews will be arranged as suitable applicants apply. Once an expression of interest has been made regarding this position, we will arrange an interview. To apply please send your CV to Jennifer.firstname.lastname@example.org