***THIS JOB VACANCY HAS NOW CLOSED***
Reports to: Director Employment and Finance
Based at: Home based with travel as required
- Full Driving License
- Workplace pension
Do you excel in working with small teams with a passion and empathy for our Armed Forces and a pragmatic and professional approach?
Do you have a good understanding of armed forces resettlement, transition and the wider employment issues Service personnel and veterans face after leaving the Royal Navy or Royal Marines?
Are you at ease talking with a hiring manager or the Chief Executive of a company?
Are you passionate about working for a highly respected charity that makes a real difference to its clients?
We have an exciting opportunity to join our expanding team at the White Ensign Association (WEA) and fill a new position in support of our beneficiaries.
The White Ensign Association (WEA) has a portfolio of employer members; they are companies who are actively looking to employ and support the beneficiary audience of the WEA.
The Employer Relationship Manager (ERM) will be the main point of contact for all employer members, acting as the portfolio manager, maintaining relationships with existing partners and proactively seeking to establish new relationships and, therefore, new employer members of the WEA. The ERM will also be the Armed Forces Engagement Lead and is to promote good Armed Forces Covenant behaviours amongst employer members. The ERM will work closely with the Director of Employment and the Employment Consultant.
|· To manage a portfolio of existing WEA employment partners
· Maintain good relationships with partners to maximise the value of those relationships
· Identify key contacts at potential partner companies to establish & foster a relationship with a view to securing new employer members
· To act as the Subject Matter Expert lead on all Armed Forces Engagement matters with employment partners
· Continually promote the WEA job board and ensure employer members are posting opportunities on the board and have access to the WEA employment portal.
· Participate in one-on-one meetings with partners to explain services
· Understand the problems and challenges of partners and identify ways the charity could better address those needs
· Provide excellent service in order to maintain a positive reputation for the organization
· Work with employers to identify and determine future skill requirements.
· Identify and exploit areas of need and mapping of job specifications against transferable skills.
· Resolve any complaints in a prompt and professional manner
· Maintain accurate and up to date records, especially relating to members and membership.
· Any other duties as needed
|KEY ROLE CHARACTERISTICS|
· The proven ability to build relationships, and sell people and ideas within a business context
· Demonstrate the ability to build rapport quickly and to understand needs, wants and expectations with individuals at all levels.
· A good understanding and knowledge of the UK Armed Forces (RN and RM), the transferable skills and employability of veterans and serving military personnel.
· A confident communicator able to articulate and deliver concise and compelling briefs at all levels up to C-Suite
· Demonstrate personal integrity and a natural confidence in dealing with all levels of Service and civilian management.
· Have proven organisational, administrative and communication skills, both written and verbal.
· Leading and driving work forwards with minimal direction
· Display a positive, empathetic, patient, polite and friendly manner
· IT literacy – proficient in the use of the Microsoft Office suite.
· Some experience of initiating and managing high level external relationships up to C- suite levels or equivalent.
· Recent knowledge of military personnel terms and conditions of service.
· Experience of working with employers in the placement of candidates facing barriers to employment.
· An understanding of the Defence employer engagement landscape and key players within the UK (eg DRM, RFCAs, Career Transition Partnership (CTP), Forces Employment Charity and COBSEO).
· Strong mentoring skills – Experience in interviewing/coaching
· A working knowledge of CV writing
· Hold a UK Driving Licence.
|TERMS AND CONDITIONS|
|The WEA Employment Consultant will be part-time, (20hrs per week) on a 2-year fixed term contract, subject to satisfactory completion of a 3-month probation period. One month’s notice may be given by either side during the probationary period. 17 days paid leave may be taken in the year, in addition to Public Holidays, 2 privilege days and an additional Christmas allowance.
The successful candidate will be expected to work from home, with twice monthly visits to WEA HQ, HMS Belfast. IT equipment and a mobile telephone will be provided to allow for remote working.
The appointment will attract a basic starting salary of £16k (FTE 0.6 – £30,000) per annum. In addition, the role attracts a non-contributory personal pension payment of 8%.
The White Ensign Association is an established all ranks Royal Navy charity responsible for providing personal help and advice for all serving and former members of the Royal Navy, Royal Marines, Royal Fleet Auxiliary, their Reserves and families. Created over 60 years ago in a collaboration between senior figures in the City of London and the Board of the Admiralty, the makeup of its Council of Trustees today still very much reflects its maritime and financial roots with a mix of influential business leaders and lawyers from the City and distinguished, retired senior officers from the Royal Navy, Royal Marines and Royal Fleet Auxiliary. They charge the small staff of the WEA with the performance of four key roles:
- Guidance and advice on the transition from a career and life in the Royal Navy to one in the civilian world.
- The provision of unbiased and professional guidance on matters of personal finance including financial awareness training for all newly joined sailors and marines.
- Advice and assistance on all matters of civilian employment including career planning, job selection, CV guidance, interview preparation, networking, mentoring, starting or buying a business and self-employment.
- Assistance and support on personal administration matters.
The bulk of the WEA’s activity is associated with helping sailors and marines make a successful transition from a service to civilian life focusing particularly on the personal finance and second career aspirations of each individual. With assistance from many supporters and professional experts the WEA aims to help servicemen and women start the second stage of their, and their families’, lives on a secure financial footing and in a suitable career or role. This work is currently delivered through a staff of seven who, although headquartered in HMS BELFAST in London, spend most of their time visiting Royal Navy and Royal Marines units and establishments around the UK.
For further general information on our charity look at the WEA Website: http://www.whiteensign.co.uk
The WEA Employer Relationship Manager is a new role and has been created in response to the need for the WEA to better support the serving and veteran community that are seeking employment. We are establishing this post to provide levels of engagement with current and potential future employers, to give our beneficiaries the greatest array of opportunities possible. Appropriate training opportunities and short secondments will be arranged to prepare the successful candidate for the role.
Application and Timings
Prospective applicants are invited to discuss the role with Director Employment and Finance (DEF), Mob.07827 885514 E-mail: email@example.com
The Association is hoping to fill this vacancy by August 2023. Applications may be made from the date of this notice and should be in the form of a covering letter and CV. The covering letter should address the competencies covered in this candidate brief and explain why you would be a compelling candidate for the White Ensign Association.
The letter and CV should be forwarded via email to the DEF.
Applications must arrive by Friday 16 June 2023. Interviews will take place in between 3 and 11 July