***THIS JOB VACANCY HAS NOW CLOSED***
Reports to: Director Employment and Finance
Based at: Home based with travel as required
- Full Driving License
- Workplace pension
Do you excel in working within a small team with a passion and empathy for our Armed Forces and a pragmatic and professional approach?
Do you have a good understanding of armed forces resettlement, transition and the wider employment issues Service personnel of all ranks face when leaving the Royal Navy or Royal Marines?
Are you equally at ease talking with a sailor or an Admiral about their personal transition, resettlement and employment hopes and dreams?
Are you passionate about working for a highly respected charity that makes a real difference to its clients?
We have an exciting opportunity to join our expanding team at the White Ensign Association (WEA) and fill a new position in support of our beneficiaries.
|The Employment Consultant (EC) will be the main point of contact for all WEA beneficiaries seeking employment, working closely with the Director of Employment and the Employer Relationship Manager in the provision of a personal employment service to each individual.
The EC will engage with beneficiaries to ensure they can access the WEA employment portal and a full range of employment activities and events which will either help them transition successfully from the Armed Forces or assist them in securing second or subsequent employment or vocational opportunities as a veteran.
The EC will advise, coach and mentor individuals approaching the charity for support.
|· Act as the principal point of contact for all beneficiary employment enquiries made via email, text and the WEA website.
· Carry out bespoke job matching, notifying beneficiaries of vacancies matching their preferred vocational outcomes.
· Produce all correspondence for and to beneficiaries on behalf of the charity to ensure they remain informed and up to date on WEA activities and support available.
· Maintain accurate and up to date records, especially relating to beneficiaries, in accordance with data protection requirements and policies.
· Effectively and accurately track all beneficiaries post discharge to confirm and subsequently record successful attainment of desired vocational outcomes.
· Assist in promoting and marketing WEA Employment services to Service Leavers/veterans
· Any other duties as and when they are required.
|KEY ROLE CHARACTERISTICS|
• Demonstrate the ability to build rapport quickly and to understand needs, wants and expectations with individuals at all levels.
• An empathy with and a good understanding of Armed Forces personnel (RN and RM), veterans and the Armed Forces community.
• IT literacy – proficient in the use of the Microsoft Office suite.
• Demonstrate personal integrity and a natural confidence in dealing with all levels of Service and civilian management.
• Possess a firm interest in working for a charity and in helping individuals with personal matters which may be of a sensitive and confidential nature.
• Have proven organisational, administrative and communication skills, both written and verbal.
· Leading and driving work forwards with minimal direction
• A working knowledge of CV writing
• Strong mentoring skills – Experience in interviewing/coaching
• Service experience
• Recent knowledge of military personnel terms and conditions of service.
• Hold a UK Driving Licence.
|TERMS AND CONDITIONS|
|The WEA Employment Consultant will be part-time, (20hrs per week) on a 2-year fixed term contract, subject to satisfactory completion of a 3-month probation period. One month’s notice may be given by either side during the probationary period. 17 days paid leave may be taken in the year, in addition to Public Holidays, 2 privilege days and an additional Christmas allowance..
The successful candidate will be expected to work from home, with twice monthly visits to WEA HQ, HMS Belfast. IT equipment and a mobile telephone will be provided to allow for remote working.
The appointment will attract a basic starting salary of £16k (FTE 0.6 – £30,000) per annum. In addition, the role attracts a non-contributory personal pension payment of 8%.
The White Ensign Association is an established all ranks Royal Navy charity responsible for providing personal help and advice for all serving and former members of the Royal Navy, Royal Marines, Royal Fleet Auxiliary, their Reserves and families. Created over 60 years ago in a collaboration between senior figures in the City of London and the Board of the Admiralty, the makeup of its Council of Trustees today still very much reflects its maritime and financial roots with a mix of influential business leaders and lawyers from the City and distinguished, retired senior officers from the Royal Navy, Royal Marines and Royal Fleet Auxiliary. They charge the small staff of the WEA with the performance of four key roles:
- Guidance and advice on the transition from a career and life in the Royal Navy to one in the civilian world.
- The provision of unbiased and professional guidance on matters of personal finance including financial awareness training for all newly joined sailors and marines.
- Advice and assistance on all matters of civilian employment including career planning, job selection, CV guidance, interview preparation, networking, mentoring, starting or buying a business and self-employment.
- Assistance and support on personal administration matters.
The bulk of the WEA’s activity is associated with helping sailors and marines make a successful transition from a service to civilian life focusing particularly on the personal finance and second career aspirations of each individual. With assistance from many supporters and professional experts the WEA aims to help servicemen and women start the second stage of their, and their families’, lives on a secure financial footing and in a suitable career or role. This work is currently delivered through a staff of seven who, although headquartered in HMS BELFAST in London, spend most of their time visiting Royal Navy and Royal Marines units and establishments around the UK.
For further general information on our charity look at the WEA Website: http://www.whiteensign.co.uk
The WEA Employment Consultant is a new role and has been created in response to the need for the WEA to better support the serving and veteran community that are seeking employment. We are establishing this post to provide part-time support to Service leavers and veterans seeking transitional support, in particular with finding new vocational opportunities.
As such the WEA is seeking an individual with suitable Service understanding and empathy with the potential client base to further develop and enhance the WEA’s service to our key audience. Appropriate training opportunities and short secondments will be arranged to prepare the successful candidate for the role.
Application and Timings
Prospective applicants are invited to discuss the role with Director Employment and Finance (DEF), Mob.07827 885514 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Association is hoping to fill this vacancy by August 2023. Applications may be made from the date of this notice and should be in the form of a covering letter and CV. The covering letter should address the competencies covered in this candidate brief and explain why you would be a compelling candidate for the organisation.
The letter and CV should be forwarded via email to the DEF.
Applications must arrive by Friday 16 June 2023. Interviews will take place in between 3 and 11 July