- Location: Portsmouth, Hybrid (2 days per week in the office. The working pattern can be flexible across the week by agreement with the CEO)
- Salary:£35,000 – £40,000 FTE
- Job Type: Permanent
- Duration: Part time (22.5 hours per week – equivalent to 3 days per week)
- Expiry Date: 19 November 2023
- Job Ref: 6996
Veterans Outreach Support (VOS) is an award-winning charity that offers welfare, wellbeing and mental health support and services to veterans of the UK Armed Forces and Merchant Navy in Portsmouth, Hampshire, and the Isle of Wight. Over the last four years, VOS has seen an increasing demand for the vital support we provide, and we have significantly expanded our welfare advice service and our range of peer-supported wellbeing activities and social groups. We also provide access to psychology, psychiatry, and therapy services.
VOS is now seeking a part time Finance Manager, who reporting to the CEO, will support in the strategic leadership and management of VOS and play a pivotal role in achieving the charity’s objectives. As part of a small and dedicated team you will work closely with other staff to support key projects and ensure the effective day-to-day financial operation of the charity.
Successful candidates must be able to demonstrate the following:
- Chartered or Certified accounting qualification, OR a solid understanding of charity accounting principles and applicable legislation and requirements, as evidenced by experience.
- Working knowledge of Xero accounting software (or equivalent) and O365/Sharepoint/Outlook.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong administrative and organisational skills.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritise work.
We are seeking a proactive, enthusiastic, friendly, and reliable individual with the ability to build productive relationships with a wide range of people, both internally and externally. A high degree of attention to detail, and the ability to work with minimum levels of direct supervision will be required.
For more information, please contact Katherine Anderson-Scott, Principal Consultant, Charisma Charity Recruitment, email@example.com or 01962 813300. Your application should be submitted through the Charisma website and include your CV and supporting statement.
We welcome and encourage expressions of interestfrom people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, colour, ethnicity, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, or other category protected by law.
Closing date: Friday 19th November 2023
However, applications are being reviewed on a rolling basis, so please apply without delay to avoid disappointment.