***THIS JOB VACANCY HAS NOW CLOSED***
Location: Royal Maritime Club, Queen Street, Portsmouth PO1 3HS
Salary: £20k – £24k FTE depending on experience
Closing Date: 6 Sept 2022
Sector: Mental Health
Career Level: Experienced Administrator
Contract Type: Part-time employed – permanent (3 month probation)
Hours: 20-25 hours per week (to include Wed afternoons in office; other hours hybrid)
We are seeking a Clinical Administrator to work at the Veterans Outreach Support (VOS) charity. This is a regional charity which includes a mental health component, including assessment, diagnostic and medication reviews, therapy, and substance misuse recovery work to veterans aged 18 and over, their partners and dependants, where appropriate in the Portsmouth, Hampshire and Isle of Wight region.
VOS has been operating in Portsmouth since 2008, to provide Welfare, Wellbeing and Clinical support to veterans of all the UK Armed Forces, the Merchant Marine, and their families. It provides monthly Drop-Ins in Portsmouth and Isle of Wight that offer a wide range of support from housing, employment, financial, legal, and a variety of social interventions alongside clinical mental health triage, which you would be part of. In 2017 the charity was awarded the Queens Award for Voluntary Service and is a member of COBSEO (Confederation of Service Charities). It has an active role within the Portsmouth Military Mental Health Alliance and is currently working towards accreditation with the Quality Network for Veterans Mental Health Services (QNVMHS), overseen by the Royal College of Psychiatrists.
We have dedicated offices at the Royal Maritime Hotel & Club – one of the oldest hotels in Portsmouth, first established in Queen Street in 1853. At the hotel we have therapy rooms and space for clinics to be held, there is also onsite parking and a multistorey car park opposite. We also host clinics on the Isle of Wight.
The role of the VOS Clinical Administrator is to provide administrative support to the Clinical team, inputting data into both clinical administration system and the internal VOS database, ensuring that all records are maintained and updated in a timely fashion, producing reports and taking actions in support of the Clinical Manager and wider team.
This important role is office based and is either full time or part time depending on the right candidate.
The Clinical Administrator will receive induction training, to include use of the clinical administration system.
SPECIFICS OF ROLE
- Reports to the Clinical Manager
- Works closely with the Clinical team
- Ensure confidential handling of all information concerning beneficiaries in accordance with the VOS confidentiality and data protection policies
- Rsponsible for all clinical data input into the Charity’s internal database
- Responsible for all clinical data input into clinical administration system
- Ensures timely, accurate data input, adhering to monthly and quarterly deadlines
- Provides administrative support to the Clinical Manager and Clinical team as required
- Provides data reports from clinical administration system as required by the Operations Manager and CEO
- Supports Clinical Manager in administrating therapy waiting lists
- Manages appointment bookings as directed by Clinical Manager
- Supports delivery of VOS monthly Drop Ins (Portsmouth and Isle of Wight)
- Such other relevant duties as may be assigned from time to time
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES / SKILLS
- Flexible and responsive with ability to work on own initiative and with minimal supervision to meet targets and deadlines within agreed timescales.
- Strong team player, capable of working as part of a dynamic, high-tempo team, including with volunteers and other supporters.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to build strong relationships at all levels.
- Excellent communications skills.
- Strong commitment to equality and diversity.
- Competent in use of cloud-based IT systems and MS Office software.
- An understanding and commitment to the mission, vision and values of the Charity
- Comprehensive understanding and implementation of GDPR and data protection principles
- Experience in using organisational databases
- Experience in collection and input of large amounts of data
- Experience of maintaining administrative, data/information and reporting systems
- Experience in data analysis and compiling reports
- Experience of working for a charity or not for profit organisation.
- Experience of the military veteran community and its needs.
Please provide a covering letter and CV to demonstrate your suitability for this contract. Please send this to firstname.lastname@example.org
All roles will be subject to a successful disclosure at an appropriate level from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS). VOS will cover the cost of a DBS check. We will also require two references once through the application process.