***THIS JOB VACANCY HAS NOW CLOSED***
***THIS JOB VACANCY HAS NOW CLOSED***
12-month contract, flexible part time role, working 3 days (22.5 hours) per week.
Salary circa £25,330 (pro rata).
Veterans Outreach Support (VOS) is a charitable organisation that offers welfare advocacy, well-being support and mental health treatment to Armed Forces veterans (both regular and reservist), including former members of the merchant marine, and their family members. VOS runs monthly Drop-Ins at the Royal Maritime Club (RMC) in Portsmouth on the first Wednesday of every month and at the Riverside Centre, Newport, Isle of Wight on the third Wednesday of every month, attended by a mix of charities and other organisations offering comprehensive welfare and well-being assistance (employment, legal, financial advice etc and support groups), alongside an in-house mental health team.
Responsible to the Chief Executive, you will be responsible for the development and management of the charity’s volunteer functions in support of VOS outputs, including the development and oversight of the VOS Peer Mentor programme to support Service Users through group and peer-to-peer mentoring. You will also provide support to other members of the management team and other staff as required. The responsibilities of the Volunteer Manager include but are not limited to:
- Lead and manage the VOS volunteer team to meet the charity’s objectives.
- Develop and implement the charity’s volunteering policies and procedures to meet best practice in volunteering.
- Coordinate volunteer involvement in local public relations events
- Develop and oversee the Peer Mentor programme.
- Recruit, induct, train and manage volunteers, including peer mentors.
- Oversee the smooth running of mentor/mentee relationships (with appropriate support from the clinical team).
- Play an active role within the VOS management team.
- Attend and participate in the monthly Drop-Ins and any other social, fundraising and promotional opportunities.
- Regularly update the peer mentoring social media feeds.
- Monitor and evaluate progress, analyse the data gathered for trends and improvements, and feed into management reports.
- Participate in training programmes and attend courses, seminars or conferences as agreed with the General Manager.
- Identify opportunities to liaise with other organisations to enhance effective input into the VOS volunteer network.
- Undertake other duties and responsibilities commensurate with this role as may be required from time to time.
You will have previous experience of working for a charity or not for profit organisation, ideally in the military sector, and of managing volunteers and building successful inter-personal relationships. You will demonstrate strong and effective communication skills and be adaptable and flexible in planning and prioritising your own work. Reliable and well organised, you will able to build personal relationships to work within and manage a dynamic team and to interact with new and established contacts. You will have MS Office skills and experience in using social media to promote activities.
Terms and Conditions:
The role is flexible, based from home and/or in the VOS office in the Royal Maritime Club as required. The contract is initially for 12 months, commencing 1 August 2018. The working hours are 22.5 hours per week, including the requirement to work until 1900 on VOS Drop-In day on the first Wednesday of every month.
Applications and Enquiries:
To find out more about VOS, please visit our website www.vosuk.org
The full Job Description and Person Specification is available from:
CEO VOS, Royal Maritime Club, 75-80 Queen Street, Portsmouth, PO1 3HS – or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, Tel: (02392) 731767.
To apply, please send a copy of your CV and the contact details of 2 referees (one employer (this could be a voluntary position) and one personal), together with a covering letter to the above.
Applications must be received by Monday 2 July 2018
Short-listed candidates will be invited to visit the Drop-In on Wednesday 4 July 2018 before interview w/c 9 July.