***THIS JOB VACANCY HAS NOW CLOSED***
Sports & Outdoors Navigator – Positive Pathways funded post
• Job title: Sports & Outdoor Navigator – Positive Pathways
• Duration: Fixed term contract – 24 Months
• Hours 37hrs per week
• Location: Community based – Northern Ireland
• Salary: £25,000 Per Annum
Across Northern Ireland, there are many sporting and outdoor opportunities for veterans, which can have positive physical and psychological benefits. The successful applicant will be responsible for mapping existing and developing new opportunities and working to connect veterans with them. They will be responsible for identifying and working to remove barriers and raising awareness of such opportunities within the veterans’ community
Working as part of a team, which includes the Northern Ireland Veterans’ Support Office (NIVSO) and other stakeholders to enhance the sports and outdoor opportunities for veterans’ with a focus on helping to improve their physical and mental wellbeing.
Identifying and working to remove barriers to uptake whilst further enhancing and creating new sports and outdoor opportunities for the armed forces veterans’ community in Northern Ireland.
This role involves a significant amount of travel within Northern Ireland; therefore, there will be times when there will be a need to work outside of the standard working hours/week.
1. To build strong relationships with local partner organisations to maximise access to sporting and outdoor activities and opportunities.
2. Develop a database of activities and opportunities.
3. To establish and enhance appropriate referral pathways.
4. To ensure partners have appropriate governance in place.
5. To promote the Navigation project across Northern Ireland.
6. To ensure reporting requirements to AFCFT are fulfilled on time using the appropriate mechanism.
7. To work in conjunction with the NIVSO and the arts, heritage and culture navigator
1. Develop a local network of contacts from the charity, public and private sectors
2. Ensure that service delivery complies with AAVS/WWTW’s policies and procedures relating with Equality and Diversity and Vulnerable Adults.
3. To brief a wide range of internal and external stakeholders on the progress and outcomes of the navigator role.
4. Undertake any reasonable tasks from time to time, as may be deemed appropriate within the scope of the post.
Completed application forms accompanied with a current CV should be returned either by email to: email@example.com or to AA Veterans’ Support, Unit C3 Edenderry Industrial Estate, 326 Crumlin Rd, Belfast, BT14 7EE
Applications should be clearly marked ‘AA Veterans’ Support Sports & Outdoors Navigator post’
Closing date is Friday 31 January 2020 at 17:00 hrs.
Interviews for successful applicants are expected to take place on Tuesday 11 and Wednesday 12 February 2020
*This may be subject to change and successful applications will be notified accordingly*