***THIS JOB VACANCY HAS NOW CLOSED***
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
Status: Full Time Permanent Position
Location: Poole/London/Homebased with regular travel
Are you looking for an opportunity to really shape a fundraising team? Do you enjoy setting up new funding streams? Have you got experience of delivering well against challenging fundraising targets? Would you like to work for an agile charity, in a supportive environment with a team all driven by doing the best for those we are there for?
- Work with the Chief Executive to develop and implement our first formal fundraising strategy
- Plan and deliver fundraising activity that ensures the annual income targets are met
- Maintain and grow our portfolio of donors and supporters, working to agreed income targets
- Create compelling, emotionally powerful funding propositions complete with budgets, costings and financial data as appropriate
- Steward and engage supporters and members and write high-quality reports and thank you letters
- Prepare high-quality presentations, and fundraising materials as required
- Use the fundraising database to log gifts, plan the monitoring of grants to ensure compliance with agreed outputs, and appropriately engage all supporters
- Conduct detailed, on-going research into new funding opportunities and prospective supporters
- Play a full and active role in supporting the organisation to meet our ambitious targets
- Undertake any task that may be requested from time to time that may be consistent with the nature and scope of this post
- Maintain the ethos and values of the Charity and positively promote the work and activities of the Charity at all times.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Budget Delivery: Writes and delivers defined income and expenditure targets, enabling the organisation to achieve its plans, and contributing to the overall growth of the organisation.
- Monitoring Delivery: Monitors, reports on progress against the plan and agreed KPI’s and responds to implement changes necessary to achieve the objectives, identifying appropriate contingency actions where appropriate.
- Cross-Team Working: Works closely with the Association Team contributing to the development of the Charity’s overall strategic plan to ensure that fundraising is integrated effectively with other areas of the organisation’s work, and that there is effective synergy between fundraising and service delivery outputs.
- New Income Streams: Works to develop new fundraising opportunities, both in terms of new products and new relationship opportunities, to ensure a balanced portfolio of fundraising activities that will spread risk and maximise opportunities for revenue generation.
- Special Fundraising Projects and Priorities: Take an active role in the development of new thinking and approaches specifically with regard to digital and social media planning for the future.
- Account Management: Provides account management of high-profile partnerships, including trusts, corporate and major supporters as agreed with the wider team and where appropriate supports other fundraising activity.
- Legal Compliance: Maintains an up-to-date knowledge of the law surrounding fundraising and communications activities and ensure that any fundraising activity complies with relevant legislation at all times, including contract compliance, GDPR, Fundraising Regulator and insurance requirements.
- Deputise for the Chief Executive and acts as an ambassador for the Association at key internal and external meetings and events.
Download the full recruitment pack here.
How to apply
We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your interest in the Charity.
We know that applying for a job is a two-way process. You will want to find out about the charity as an organisation just as much as we want to find out about the skills, knowledge and abilities that you could bring to the post.
For further information about us please contact Jenny Hanning, firstname.lastname@example.org.
In the first instance please submit your CV and a covering letter of no more than 2 sides of A4 to: Jenny Hanning, email@example.com.
Closing Date: 2nd April 2019
Interview date: Week Commencing 8th April 2019